Woman Kills Intruder In Her Home

Jan 2007
Exactly... Wtf is with this "oh poor criminal got killed committing a crime"... Saved the chance to get sued for his medical bills. Most likely kept from being raped or murdered herself.

Sorry, it's hard to have sympathy.
But she used one of those meanie guns.

Ian Jeffrey

Council Hall
Mar 2013
Vulcan, down the street from Darth Vader
Any Study Of 'Gun Violence' Should Include How Guns Save Lives
https://www.forbes.com/.../any-study-of-gun-violence-should-include-how-guns-save...

Mar 20, 2018 - Guns are used for legal self-defense far more often than most people realize. ... should be measured in terms of lives saved or crimes prevented, not criminals ... In 2012, there were 8,855 criminalgun homicides in the FBI's ...
At least the article was not hidden behind a paywall (I have found this to be a problem with Forbes, though it could have changed across the board, too).

I agree with some of it, and disagree with some of it. Basically, despite what Dr. Hsieh claims, he is advocating that a study should be done with a bias to particular outcomes rather than to learn something we do not know. I do not disagree with his basic position, but I disagree with how he thinks a study should be designed.

Oct 2014
C-A-N-A-D-A-Eh
Uh ... HayJenn said nothing of the sort. What thread have you been reading?
Wasn't even specific to her, the whole idea of sympathizing with criminals.

Kindness to those that are guilty is a slap in the face of those who would be their victims. There are conditions where a soft approach is the right one, but in a home invasion situation like that...