"Women have the right to control their own bodies."

Mar 2019
California
There seem to be two basic camps that have come together in this thread: the group that wants people to suffer for making what they consider to be bad decisions, based in ideology; and the group looking for a practical solution to a social problem.
Sorry. Just can't shake it that way. "Practical Solution" sounds to much like a "Final Solution". I have tried to look at this from both sides for years. Can't do it. If it has a head,arms ,legs,eyes ,and a beating heart ,I say it is HUMAN.

Mar 2019
California
Sweet. That is so cool. Great cast, Walden was great. I waited on him in the late 70s. He tried to pay with Amex card. I had to tell him we did not take Amex, cracked me up. He did not bat an eye and whipped out a Master Card, or was it Diners?
Carl Malden? With an AMEX? Now that is FUNNY.

Ian Jeffrey

Council Hall
Mar 2013
Vulcan, down the street from Darth Vader
Sorry. Just can't shake it that way. "Practical Solution" sounds to much like a "Final Solution".
No, it does not. You just want it to. The reality is that you solve no problem by placing blame and assigning punishment and suffering. All you do is promote your own self-righteousness, which is what right-wing "morality" is really all about. The reality is that you need a solution that is going to actually work rather than an approach that stokes your collective ego.
If it has a head,arms ,legs,eyes ,and a beating heart ,I say it is HUMAN.

The Man

Former Staff
Jul 2011
Toronto
I meant the termination of pregnancy/abort. It's a good thing, to me, that women (and, more so, underage girls who get pregnant at school and such) can now take care of that, safely and discreetly and without painful long-term consequences...