Words of Wisdom

freecell

Former Staff
Jul 2006
Cary
Doesn't have to be from the Bible because I know some here don't believe. Here is one of my favorites.

"If we are to teach real peace in this world, and if we are to carry on a real war against war, we shall have to begin with the children. "

Sep 2011
New York
He has told you, O man, what is good, and what the Lord requires of you: Only to do justice, and to love goodness, and to walk humbly with your God.

Even if you don't believe, I think the part about justice and goodness is pretty universal.

jackalope

Former Staff
Jan 2010
Maine
In memory of Steve Jobs: "Stay hungry. Stay foolish"

... In 2005, Jobs gave the commencement speech at Stanford University that makes his most fitting eulogy. Even though he told the graduating students that his cancer had been cured, he shared his thoughts about facing death since his diagnosis about a year earlier. Thinking about death every day helped him overcome the natural fear of failure, he told them.

Drawing on his 1970s California hippie roots, Jobs invoked The Whole Earth Catalog, a hodgepodge of photos, articles and neat ideas — "one of the bibles of my generation," as Jobs put it. He remembered its slogan: "Stay hungry. Stay foolish." As Jobs said, "I have always wished that for myself. And now, as you graduate to begin anew, I wish that for you."

Stay hungry. Stay foolish.

The amazing reaction to the death of Steve Jobs - chicagotribune.com

johnflesh

Former Staff
Feb 2007
Weirdo
He who stands on toilet, is high on pot.

Men, never sneeze while peeing.

Love is the only thing that is really important.

Apr 2011
Under your skin
Never pee on an electric fence.

Don't stick your tongue on a frozen metal pole.

Never ask a woman if she is pregnant.

Reactions: One
Jul 2011
Memphis, Tn.
Never get down in the filth and wrestle with a pig. You'll get as filty as the pig and the pig LIKES it.