World’s Saddest Right-Wing Protest Draws 7 People To Seattle’s Lenin Statue

boontito

Future Staff
Jan 2008
Most Insidious
World's Saddest Right-Wing Protest Draws 7 People To Seattle's Lenin Statue | HuffPost

Far-right “Pizzagate” conspiracy theorist Jack Posobiec tweeted videos and photos Wednesday showing him leading a group of people protesting a Vladimir Lenin statue in Seattle.

Video shows Posobiec leading the group in a chant of “tear it down, tear it down” as the protesters — wearing “Make America Great Again” caps and holding placards bearing phrases like “Lenin is Hitler” and “Alt Left Hate” — marched around the statue.

It appears that about 7 people, including Posobiec, attended the demonstration.

---

And of course, since it's 2017, Twitter had a ball:

"The cool thing is if you guys go out to eat later, you don't need to worry about the automatic gratuity for larger parties."

"I've been in a longer line to take a piss. Often."

"you guys are close to being outnumbered by the statue"

boontito

Future Staff
Jan 2008
Most Insidious
[video=youtube;pnuJrzUpLJc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnuJrzUpLJc[/video]

Hilarious. At about the 3:00 mark, just before they claim that the left and the kids today come there to worship the Lenin statue, they clearly explain that the Confederate statues coming down are about U.S. history and Lenin is not. They then emphasize that he was AGAINST the U.S. Yeah, because Confederates were so totally FOR the U.S.

Jan 2016
Colorado
World's Saddest Right-Wing Protest Draws 7 People To Seattle's Lenin Statue | HuffPost

Far-right “Pizzagate” conspiracy theorist Jack Posobiec tweeted videos and photos Wednesday showing him leading a group of people protesting a Vladimir Lenin statue in Seattle.

Video shows Posobiec leading the group in a chant of “tear it down, tear it down” as the protesters — wearing “Make America Great Again” caps and holding placards bearing phrases like “Lenin is Hitler” and “Alt Left Hate” — marched around the statue.

It appears that about 7 people, including Posobiec, attended the demonstration.

---

I used to have a T-shirt that said:

All Hail Marx And Lennon!!

Above the slogan, there were pictures of Groucho Marx and John Lennon.

Two of my all-time favorite people.

It came from the cover of an album by Firesign Theater. Funny guys.

Jun 2014
United States
[video=youtube;pnuJrzUpLJc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnuJrzUpLJc[/video]

Hilarious. At about the 3:00 mark, just before they claim that the left and the kids today come there to worship the Lenin statue, they clearly explain that the Confederate statues coming down are about U.S. history and Lenin is not. They then emphasize that he was AGAINST the U.S. Yeah, because Confederates were so totally FOR the U.S.
So was Germany -- until they bombed Pearl Harbor!

Jun 2014
United States
So, I was curious as to why there was a Lenin statue in Seattle, so I looked it up on Wikipedia.

The Statue of Lenin in Seattle is a 16 ft (4.9 m) bronze sculpture of Communist revolutionary Vladimir Lenin, by Bulgarian sculptor Emil Venkov. It was completed and put on display in Czechoslovakia in 1988. The statue was taken down following the Velvet Revolution of 1989. It was bought by an American in 1993, who moved it to Washington in the US. Since 1995 it has been up for sale and on display in an outdoor retail property in the Fremont neighborhood of Seattle.

boontito

Future Staff
Jan 2008
Most Insidious
So, I was curious as to why there was a Lenin statue in Seattle, so I looked it up on Wikipedia.

The Statue of Lenin in Seattle is a 16 ft (4.9 m) bronze sculpture of Communist revolutionary Vladimir Lenin, by Bulgarian sculptor Emil Venkov. It was completed and put on display in Czechoslovakia in 1988. The statue was taken down following the Velvet Revolution of 1989. It was bought by an American in 1993, who moved it to Washington in the US. Since 1995 it has been up for sale and on display in an outdoor retail property in the Fremont neighborhood of Seattle.
Yeah, it's funny because every couple of years someone gets outraged about it all over again and it has to be pointed out that in their rush to be anti-Marxist, they're actually being anti-capitalist.