World's Oldest Customer Complaint Revealed...

Oct 2013
USA
This should teach us that poor quality products and product mix ups have never been resolved:

"A 3,800-year-old Babylonian tablet from the ancient Sumerian city-state of Ur in Mesopotamia—now Tell el-Muqayyar—is the oldest documented customer complaint known to man.

In the clay tablet, a man named Nanni whined to merchant Ea-nasir about how he was delivered the wrong grade of cooper ore. “How have you treated me for that copper?” he wrote. “You have withheld my money bag from me in enemy territory; it is now up to you to restore [my money] to me in full.”

World's Oldest Customer Complaint Goes Viral

Apr 2012
Englewood,Ohio
This should teach us that poor quality products and product mix ups have never been resolved:

"A 3,800-year-old Babylonian tablet from the ancient Sumerian city-state of Ur in Mesopotamia—now Tell el-Muqayyar—is the oldest documented customer complaint known to man.

In the clay tablet, a man named Nanni whined to merchant Ea-nasir about how he was delivered the wrong grade of cooper ore. “How have you treated me for that copper?” he wrote. “You have withheld my money bag from me in enemy territory; it is now up to you to restore [my money] to me in full.”

I guess that beats me because I filed a complaint with the BBB a couple of weeks ago. I had let it slide for a year until he rang my doorbell promising to replace 2 dead bushes because he thought he could do my flower beds again.

He had promised me 4 times on the phone. But,to my face? Final straw.

Nov 2007
Prague, Czech Republic

The best thing about the tablets of ancient Mesopotamia is that so many of them are commonplace, everyday letters. So much of what survives in written form from long ago is religious stuff or kings telling everyone how great they are and how many kingdoms they've crushed. But here you have treasures like a young man writing to his dad to ask if he was still going to send the money he promised; because he hadn't received it yet. It helps us remember that people in ancient were just going about, living their lives.

Oct 2013
USA
The best thing about the tablets of ancient Mesopotamia is that so many of them are commonplace, everyday letters. So much of what survives in written form from long ago is religious stuff or kings telling everyone how great they are and how many kingdoms they've crushed. But here you have treasures like a young man writing to his dad to ask if he was still going to send the money he promised; because he hadn't received it yet. It helps us remember that people in ancient were just going about, living their lives.
Oops I answered the wrong post. Sorry.

And ps: Enjoyed reading your perspective. ;)