Would you eat these GM eggs under a doctor's recommendation

Jun 2014
United States
Interesting --

I rarely eat eggs and when I do it's generally egg whites.

I wouldn't have a problems with these if they have beneficial factors.

Good news!

After reading the article, I see that the whites are the part of the egg that contains the medication.

Jan 2016
Colorado
I eat about four eggs a week. I eat the whole thing. A egg is nothing without the yoke. :) I feel better when my diet is mostly protein and fiber. Eggs were bastardized in the 80's and 90's because of cholesterol..now they are considered a super food. The best eggs are the natural ones. The yoke is richer. We have a lot of people who sell eggs around here. My girlfriend has about 10 hens and it is a project for her kids. She gets about 10-15 eggs a day. I get some from her as well. My Dad keeps chickens as well and gives eggs to everyone he meets...his doctor, the pastor of his church, family and friends. Everybody loves them.

I would try these eggs when they are available but I prefer natural and home grown. If had enough property and did not live in a HOA, I would have chickens too. :)
From the "Ain't Nobody Here But Us Chickens" Department: It has been proposed that the very SUDDEN explosion in the population of modern broiler chickens that has taken place over the past 70 years will leave an indelible mark in the archaeological record, and may serve as a marker of the beginning of a new geological era, the Anthropocene:

Chickens to be marker of Anthropocene

Nov 2007
Prague, Czech Republic
From the "Ain't Nobody Here But Us Chickens" Department: It has been proposed that the very SUDDEN explosion in the population of modern broiler chickens that has taken place over the past 70 years will leave an indelible mark in the archaeological record, and may serve as a marker of the beginning of a new geological era, the Anthropocene:

Chickens to be marker of Anthropocene
I propose the Gallocene as a more appropriate name.

On the subject of GM, I saw an interview recently with a scientist in Brazil who was working on tomatoes genetically modified to produce capsaicin. He was working hard on sticking to the official line presumably prepared for funders as to the purpose of the work (how much easier tomatoes are to cultivate compared to chili peppers, and the various commercial and medical uses of capsaicin). Listening to him, though, he clearly just wanted to grow spicy tomatoes to make salsa with.

Jan 2016
Colorado
I propose the Gallocene as a more appropriate name.

On the subject of GM, I saw an interview recently with a scientist in Brazil who was working on tomatoes genetically modified to produce capsaicin. He was working hard on sticking to the official line presumably prepared for funders as to the purpose of the work (how much easier tomatoes are to cultivate compared to chili peppers, and the various commercial and medical uses of capsaicin). Listening to him, though, he clearly just wanted to grow spicy tomatoes to make salsa with.
If it were chickens eating the humans, rather than the reverse, I could see where calling it the Gallocene would be the more appropriate name.

But, no. I'm gonna go have me a chicken dinner today, at my favorite Italian restaurant.

Feb 2011
Boise, ID
I've never understood how GMO foods could be dangerous to eat, so long as they don't somehow produce/contain some sort of poison.
Well I think some GM plants have been bred to be able to survive despite being caked in poison (e.g. glyphosate), which has led people to assume that the GM aspect means it must contain what's basically poison. Otherwise the opposition to GM is based in less-than-complete knowledge about whether they have any long-term health effects. Finally, they are stigmatized because of monopoly tactics of the patent-holders.