Would you rather be born..

Which one of these traits would you rather be born with..

• Total voters
Dec 2018
the Heart of America
Because, naturally, shopping is such happiness.
As the saying goes, Money can't buy Happiness but it makes Misery much more comfortable. :)

That said, I'd watched greed/consumerism increasingly dominate American culture for over 40 years before 9/11 but then a funny thing happened. Remember the Yuppies? They changed. A major shift happened in American culture; instead of continually chasing better paying jobs and more expensive Beemers, Yuppies started turning down those jobs, even taking demotions, to move to the country and spend more time with their families. They'd realized that life is short and "Money can't buy Happiness". Of course that didn't last long. Just a few years, but I was fascinated by the trend, as short as it was.

Dec 2018
the Heart of America
Matisse.

And let's just admire the lack of struggle and angst:

A good, but rare example. Matisse strongly disappointed his father by dropping out of law school to become an artist.

Two truism come to mind: Suffering/Adversity builds character and there is a fine line between genius and insanity.

Mar 2018
Florida
Mr. Teminator,

Not to be all nit-picky, but rich is very subjective, there is no such thing as luck, and you can't be born smart. Being smart is a product of educations and experience, whereas you can be born intelligent.
I answered before when this first came out. My choice is to be born smart, or intelligent as you prefer. I would hope to somehow use that given gift to figure out a way to achieve. I think I would have more self satisfaction if I were able to achieve my goals by my own means. Money makes life easier, but it doesn’t bring self satisfaction in my opinion.

Tedminator

Former Staff
Jun 2010
South Florida
Mr. Teminator,

Not to be all nit-picky, but rich is very subjective, there is no such thing as luck, and you can't be born smart. Being smart is a product of educations and experience, whereas you can be born intelligent.
Well, that answer the question of was I born smart :think: