Would you support Trump for a Third Term (more than 8 years)?

Would you support a Trump 3rd Term Presidency?

• Yes - I am Right Leaning

Votes: 6 12.2%
  • No - I am Right Leaning

Votes: 18 36.7%
  • Yes - I am left leaning (seriously?)

Votes: 5 10.2%
  • No - I am left leaning.

Votes: 20 40.8%

• Total voters
Dec 2018
the Heart of America
Why do people talk as if they are talking from experience. you are wrong. waivers happen all the time and the president is well within his right to overrule a clearance decision though no decision was made they were still processing it, and a president can grant a waiver especially when one is split among those granting it or making recommendations.
I've held a top secret clearance. Have you? Waivers, yes. Override a denial? No.

Reactions: Hollywood
Nov 2016
USA
People made noises about a third term for Reagan, Bush II and Obama, but IIRC not until well into their second terms. There was no serious effort to make it possible (amend the Constitution), and the presidents didn’t try to encourage the calls for a third term.

Dec 2018
the Heart of America
People made noises about a third term for Reagan, Bush II and Obama, but IIRC not until well into their second terms. There was no serious effort to make it possible (amend the Constitution), and the presidents didn’t try to encourage the calls for a third term.
This one will encourage them but that's because he's a big narcissistic baby who wants to become a dictator like his pals Kim and Putin. It won't happen, but he still wants it...and his anti-American, unConstitutional fans do to.

Dec 2018
Florida
My money is that he'll be gone before the next election.
I would not take that bet.

I would also not take the bet on him winning the next election. I also would not take the bet the other way. I think it will be very very close. The left has 2 more years to get a candidate running that is not utterly opposed to right wing values. They need someone who can reach across the aisle. Basically? They need to run a candidate who is not a fan of abortion and is anti gun control and has a strong stance against illegal immigration and a better plan for it.

I doubt that will happen. If it did? I’d be betting that trump is out. But since it won’t? I wouldn’t risk my money on that tight of a race.

The Man

Former Staff
Jul 2011
Toronto
Isn't it against the Constitution in the US to run three times?

Although, FDR did, I believe. Or, am I wrong?

Dec 2018
the Heart of America
Yes, SCI. (ssbi now tier 5_), CNWDI, etc. We deal in .gov contracts and my employees go through the process all the time.

1. link to the denial.

2. you are wrong, the president can overide a denial.
https://fas.org/blogs/secrecy/2016/11/clearances-presidential/

educate yourself. Thanks
Besides Jared, how many others do you know who were denied a security clearance but were give it anyway?

I never said he couldn't. I'm just disagreeing with all the Trumpsters that it was a good idea he did. It can too easily come back to bite him in his fat ass.

Try taking your own advice. Thanks.

I've held a top secret clearance. Have you? Waivers, yes. Override a denial? No.
I should have said "No, he shouldn't".