Would you support Trump for a Third Term (more than 8 years)?

Would you support a Trump 3rd Term Presidency?

• Yes - I am Right Leaning

Votes: 6 12.2%
  • No - I am Right Leaning

Votes: 18 36.7%
  • Yes - I am left leaning (seriously?)

Votes: 5 10.2%
  • No - I am left leaning.

Votes: 20 40.8%

• Total voters
Nov 2015
UK
Yes. But I don’t underestimate his narcissism. He is grade A on that.
Yes, but most people are taught that such disorders are a bad thing. There are four types of people who excel in business: Psychopaths, Machiavellians, Narcissists and a bit of all three.

Rather than go with the flow, take a little time to read up on narcissism and the different traits. Some are good and some are bad.

Trump is maybe arrogant and egotistical but his narcissism has made him successful.

Jun 2013
Here
Yes. Crazy question. But I have seen this come up on this forum and in person too many times. I need to ask.

Would you support Trump for a third term? Like if he wins re-election and then tries to change the laws and run AGAIN. For another 4 years. Would you support this?

I am curious to know, short of declaring himself some sort of supreme ruler and dissolving the U.S. Congress and nullifying the Constitution, he would try to change the laws and run again? The current sentiment for term limits in Congress is to severely reduce the number of times someone can run.

Term limits in the United States - Wikipedia

One might recall the nation's of the world where democracies were dissolved and a dictator took over.

"Such hubris was surely understandable after such a run of successes. But stand farther back and the triumph of democracy looks rather less inevitable. After the fall of Athens, where it was first developed, the political model had lain dormant until the Enlightenment more than 2,000 years later. In the 18th century only the American revolution produced a sustainable democracy. During the 19th century monarchists fought a prolonged rearguard action against democratic forces. In the first half of the 20th century nascent democracies collapsed in Germany, Spain and Italy. By 1941 there were only 11 democracies left, and Franklin Roosevelt worried that it might not be possible to shield “the great flame of democracy from the blackout of barbarism”.
DEMOCRACY

One might also think of Russia and China where this sort of thing has happened more recently.
Lawmakers Propose To Extend Putin's Term Limits As President
China approves 'president for life' change

One might also consider why the hell Americans would want Trump for a second term, much less a third term? Is there anything Americans will not sell their souls for?

BTW, I am a former Republican (not a neo republican) and now an Independent, because of what people like Donald Trump and others have done to turn the Republican party into a sleazy party that will do anything, including lie and cheat, to win an election and before people start point to HRC and the DNC, consider that Bernie Sanders was NOT a Democrat, before he decided to run for President and he has a history of criticizing Democrats, even though he caucuses and votes, mostly with them. Any party is allowed to promote what they, not those from other parties, feel will have the best chance at being elected. In spite of all those who claimed to be Bernie Sanders supporters and all those "shocked" and pissed off about what was revealed about the DNC's inside conversations, via STOLEN information, Hillary Clinton STILL got 2.8 MILLION MORE votes that Donald Trump. That's really NOT something the Trump's should write home about, nor was what Bernie's supporters did, in lieu of being able to vote for him as the Democrat he chose to convert to, in order to run for President.

Here's How Many Bernie Sanders Supporters Ultimately Voted For Trump

What Bernie Sanders primary voters did in November 2016

Voted for Hillary Clinton 74.3%

Voted for Donald Trump 12.0

Voted for Gary Johnson 3.2

Voted for Jill Stein 4.5

Voted for other candidates or voted but didn’t recall 2.5

Didn’t vote but said they would have voted for Clinton 1.6

Didn’t vote and didn’t say they would have voted Clinton 1.9

Voters in red text categories are #NeverHillary voters.
SOURCE: COOPERATIVE CONGRESSIONAL ELECTION STUDY
How Bernie’s 2020 Map Might Change Without The #NeverHillary Vote

While in today's political atmosphere, I appear to "lean left", along with all the others of my family and friends that were Republicans and called RINO's by neo republicans when they/we wouldn't sell our souls to kow tow to BS. With the shift to the right, many Republicans ended up left of center. Since the U.S. is populated by people of all walks of life, desires and opinions, many moderates believe the way to progress in ways that "promote the general welfare" (that's the GENERAL, not the welfare of the wealthy or any special interest, other than HUMAN interest), is give and take and compromises that allow the best interests of humanity to move forward in exchange for some minor special interests that may not be in the best interests. There is little point to not compromising, if NO part of what might be for the pubic good, is able to be implemented. Gridlock means no one and nothing is going anywhere. While America is arguing about and blocking one another on lesser important or critical issues, much of America's infrastructure is aging and crumbling. "America First" is not so much America First for all Americans as it is greedy, selfish, gluttonous, Americans first.

This is the neo America, brought to you by the neo republican party, where money, not human values, talks.

Last edited:
Mar 2015
Minnesota
There has never been a man with more hate, more cruelty, more evil, who lives 100% on lies and has a following with that level of ugliness and hate needed for that support. These people are truly evil by all level of the definition. They litterally all have to go, a large part of his support are people who have been put under rocks by the conscience and norms of our population, but came out when they found a voice in scum bag. it's time that we put them back in their bottle and watch the stopper more seriously from now on. Anyway sanity is coming back slowly and he probably won't see the end of his first 4 years in office and I guaranty there will be no second.

Mar 2015
Minnesota
I don’t want him to run. And it isn’t conservatives who bring it up. It is democrats who quake on their boots and spread fear and hate over republican ideals.
Because those ideas are from people who would and do support this piece of shit. If they can go there, they are wortless to a demacracy.

Mar 2015
Minnesota
Trump and Hitler comparison. Shows you don’t know much about history.
I know everything about Hitler and at this period of his reign 3 years into it, Scum bag is way worse then Hitler was and you don't and I don't know how far scum bag would go. He is insane so how can anyone tell. You rejecting the Hitler reference in fact shows how little you know about the subject.