Wow. The Boy Scouts have to apologize for the president. SAD!

Davocrat

Former Staff
Apr 2007
Deep State
The BSA is a very conservative organization, BUT...

From the Chief: Our Perspective on the Presidential Visit - Scouting Wire : Scouting Wire

So SAD. Our failing president...and did I mention he lost the popular vote?...Who, by the way may have urinated on a prostitute in Russia...does anyone know? His ugly, ugly rhetoric. So inappropriate and wrong. Those beautiful, beautiful innocent scouts were subjected to, not just politics but slicing and dicing of crude expressions. SAD!

Reactions: 6 people

Amelia

Former Staff
Jun 2014
Wisconsin

From the Chief: Our Perspective on the Presidential Visit - Scouting Wire : Scouting Wire

So SAD. Our failing president...and did I mention he lost the popular vote?...Who, by the way may have urinated on a prostitute in Russia...does anyone know? His ugly, ugly rhetoric. So inappropriate and wrong. Those beautiful, beautiful innocent scouts were subjected to, not just politics but slicing and dicing of crude expressions. SAD!
wow -- the day that the BSA has to apologize for the president -- wow

Reactions: 1 person

Libertine

Apr 2015
Katmandu

I want to extend my sincere apologies to those in our Scouting family who were offended by the political rhetoric that was inserted into the jamboree.
That's not really a wow.

May 2006
Agreed. Americans feeling like they have to apologize for President Trump is nothing uncommon these days. Not a "wow" at all.
If he showed up and reviewed the Oath and Motto and talked about what great citizens Boy Scouts aspires to develop, and how they can be leaders and models for the future, and how they are together, regardless of race or religion or politics...

...and he had said nothing else and not made an embarrassing shameful mockery of himself and everyone present and anyone who happened to see it on video...THAT would have been a wow.

Jun 2013
Here

As one article said, shouldn't the apology come from the President?

Would that ever happen, in a million years? Or, will Trump in his insecurity about himself and fear of being deemed less than the perfect person he keeps reminding everyone he is, apologize, out of that fear?

Reactions: 2 people
Sep 2016
My own world
The letter does not go far enough in terms of an apology. Did they or did they not get a copy of the speech before he spoke? If they did the people responsible at the Scouts should resign or be booted out. The two grown men standing in the background as the President spoke, grinning ear to ear, should be pointed out as examples of what not to do in the face of inappropriate behavior.

The letter should have said that the Chief, or whoever the hell was the top person present during that live speech, made a mistake. The person in charge of that event that day should have stopped Trump as soon as he started getting into politics with a story only appropriate for pigs like him.

Last edited: