WTF: President Obama hosts PM of India for dinner tonight. PM is on religious fast

Apr 2011
Under your skin
Modi, who is on navaratra fast, would not eat. Obama is hosting this rare dinner
for the Prime Minister as a mark of respect of the visiting dignitaries and also
to acquaint and establish a personal rapport with Modi.

Read more at:
PM's US Visit: Narendra Modi, Barack Obama to discuss ways to boost strategic partnership - The Economic Times

Modi, who is on navaratra fast, would not eat. Obama is hosting this rare dinner
for the Prime Minister as a mark of respect of the visiting dignitaries and also
PM's US Visit: Narendra Modi, Barack Obama to discuss ways to boost strategic partnership - The Economic Times

So does this idiot not have a cultural advisor or does he simply not care?

Oct 2011
Washington State

Read more at:

Slow news day. You are obsessed aren't you?

Aug 2014
gone
Why don't we consult Google as to how they're adapting?

Hey, look who the first informative hit is -- a Republican newspaper!
Mr. Modi's hosts appear to be well versed on his food preferences, or in this case, his preference to abstain.

"Let me assure you that those dietary preferences have been indicated to the host, and they have taken note of it and have prepared everything accordingly," said Syed Akbaruddin, a spokesman for the Indian Foreign Ministry.
I think this pretty wells ends the matter.

Singularity

Former Staff
Oct 2009
Kansas
I will observe that it's interesting how Modi has rapidly come from Persona Non Grata in the eyes of the U.S., to Diet State Dinner.

He was completely prohibited from coming here until his election.

Jul 2011
Tennessee

Read more at:

i may be mistaken on this but fasting occurs from the morning til sunset, not the whole day.

Aug 2014
gone
Quote Originally Posted by B04 View Post
Unless you know what the menu is for the dinner, it's not really fair to complain about it.

http://www.vegrecipesofindia.com/nav...vrat-ka-khana/

This lists 'allowed' foods during the fasting period, as well as the fasting rules. Seems very relaxed, other than the specific foods allowed.
Thank you for being honest about this.
Your obvious implication being I am dishonest about other things. Pity. Perhaps you should actually read more of my posts. I am always honest.