WWII Jet Pulled From Hudson

Jul 2014
midwest
WWII "jet", yep that's what the headline said.

It was a P-47 performing in an air show that went down in the Hudson River yesterday.

The pilot did not survive.

They already pulled the airplane out and it looks pretty much intact, although I'm sure there are issues.

I would assume that they will try to get this plane back in the air.

I wonder how many P-47's are still flying?

Reactions: 1 person
Jul 2014
midwest
The P47 is NOT a jet..

That was my point.

I hate to see one of these old warbirds go down.

Like I said it ditched in the water, and is already out of the river, so hopefully it can be restored to service.

I would imagine it would have to be completely disassembled and rebuilt...

Reactions: 1 person
May 2016
california
A jet, must have been a female reporter filing that story. The P47's air cooled radial engine was a pretty tough power plant, hopefully it's OK but not so sure about the airframes chance's of survival. Guess it depends how it hit the water. Also wonder if the pilot crashed into the river to avoid populated areas or he had no choice, anyway RIP.

Jun 2014
Cleveland, Ohio
WWII "jet", yep that's what the headline said.

It was a P-47 performing in an air show that went down in the Hudson River yesterday.

The pilot did not survive.

They already pulled the airplane out and it looks pretty much intact, although I'm sure there are issues.

I would assume that they will try to get this plane back in the air.

I wonder how many P-47's are still flying?
How gruesome.

Jun 2014
Cleveland, Ohio
A jet, must have been a female reporter filing that story. The P47's air cooled radial engine was a pretty tough power plant, hopefully it's OK but not so sure about the airframes chance's of survival. Guess it depends how it hit the water. Also wonder if the pilot crashed into the river to avoid populated areas or he had no choice, anyway RIP.
Whoa, little buckaroo!

"It must have been a female reporter"????

You need to walk that back!

Reactions: 4 people