Wyoming police Taser 76-year-old tractor driver

michaelr

Former Staff
Dec 2006
FEMA Region 10

Not even parades are safe. The thugs said he did not obey orders, well that is no reason to tase someone, then they said he may have hit a car. I have an issue with that, does a car accident equal justice via a taser, and what the hell do they mean "he may have"??

Mar 2007
[quote name='michaelr' date='05 August 2009 - 04:06 PM' timestamp='1249506418' post='429']

Not even parades are safe.[/quote]

Well should have known that you'd be painting it as the evil police ignoring what evidence there is. Police tell you to stop, hey you don't have to do it, you got rights!

It appears the guy couldn't control the thing or at least lost control at some point and hit a car and refused to stop.

The thugs said he did not obey orders,

The police............the report didn't say any thugs were around.

well that is no reason to tase someone

If he is driving wrecklessly, hit someones property and refused to stop it is.

, then they said he may have hit a car.

I think that was the impetus of the whole matter. There was a report he hit a car and the police told him to stop driving the thing and he wouldn't stop. They have a DUTY to stop him if they got such a report or even observed him driving eratically or in any way shape or form endangering the public along the parade route.

I ride in parades during Mardi Gras and have ridden in the trucks that pull floats and bands, if the police have ANY reason to believe you may endanger people along the route they can stop you and can do a random breathalyzer at any time. We've had people killed by being hit by floats or trucks in parades. The police had absolute control over the parade and the drivers, you heed whatever they tell you. If they tell you to stop for whatever reason, you stop, if you don't then yes you may get tased.

michaelr

Former Staff
Dec 2006
FEMA Region 10
[quote name='Stinger' date='05 August 2009 - 05:01 PM' timestamp='1249516905' post='481']

Yeah it appears the guy couldn't control the thing and hit a car and refused to stop.

The police............the report didn't say any thugs were around.

If he is driving wrecklessly, hit someones property and refused to stop it is.

I think that was the impetus of the whole matter. There was a report he hit a car and the police told him to stop driving the thing and he wouldn't stop.

I ride in parades during Mardi Gras and have ridden in the trucks that pull floats and bands, if the police have ANY reason to believe you may endanger people along the route they can stop you and can do a random breathalyzer at any time. We've had people killed by being hit by floats or trucks in parades. The police had absolute control over the parade and the drivers, you heed whatever they tell you. If they tell you to stop for whatever reason, you stop, if you don't then yes you may get tased.

[/quote]

They do not know if he hit the car or not, I would guess not however and therefore should not have been harassed. The thugs could have done an investigation.

Mar 2007
[quote name='michaelr' date='05 August 2009 - 07:04 PM' timestamp='1249517044' post='482']

They do not know if he hit the car or not,[/quote]

They had a report, that alone is enough to stop him from proceeding in the parade.

I would guess not however

and the basis of that quess is what?

and therefore should not have been harassed. The thugs could have done an investigation.

OK stop the whole parade and do an investigation? Nope, they simply pull him out, make sure he is OK and then let him back in. HE refused so they did their duty to stop him.

Once again, all he had to do was obey the police, stop and let them make sure he was OK to proceed and even at that point check back and clarify the report he hit a car, until their main concern is the public safety.

michaelr

Former Staff
Dec 2006
FEMA Region 10
[quote name='Stinger' date='05 August 2009 - 05:11 PM' timestamp='1249517493' post='487']

They had a report, that alone is enough to stop him from proceeding in the parade.

and the basis of that quess is what?

OK stop the whole parade and do an investigation? Nope, they simply pull him out, make sure he is OK and then let him back in. HE refused so they did their duty to stop him.

Once again, all he had to do was obey the police, stop and let them make sure he was OK to proceed and even at that point check back and clarify the report he hit a car, until their main concern is the public safety.

[/quote]

You sure are reading a lot into this Stinger, the article doesn't support any of your claims.

Sep 2007
the state of confusion
[quote name='michaelr' date='05 August 2009 - 06:15 PM' timestamp='1249517724' post='491']

You sure are reading a lot into this Stinger, the article doesn't support any of your claims.

[/quote]

well that just goes to show you that they are after the old people ...

Mar 2007
[quote name='michaelr' date='05 August 2009 - 07:15 PM' timestamp='1249517724' post='491']

[/quote]

It supports exactly what I have said and in no way supports the contention they just decided to tase him for no reason. If they had a report he hit a car, and they told him to pull the tractor out of the parade and stop and he refused, it makes perfect sense. And that is what the story is reporting. YOU have painted it as the police were just thugs and tased him for no reason.

michaelr

Former Staff
Dec 2006
FEMA Region 10
[quote name='Stinger' date='05 August 2009 - 05:29 PM' timestamp='1249518574' post='501']

It supports exactly what I have said and in no way supports the contention they just decided to tase him for no reason. If they had a report he hit a car, and they told him to pull the tractor out of the parade and stop and he refused, it makes perfect sense.

[/quote]

They said nothing about a report of any kind, they said only that he may have hit a car.

Mar 2007
[quote name='michaelr' date='05 August 2009 - 07:31 PM' timestamp='1249518670' post='502']

They said nothing about a report of any kind, they said only that he may have hit a car.

[/quote]

It says after he allegedly hit a car.

May 2007
It is all about conditioning, Im surprised they didnt pepper spray him to, cops had to resort to tazing a 76 year old to get him to stop a tractor, what a bunch of cowards.

Good news is if thats the best they can do to take down a 76 year old, they are in a shitload of trouble, they better start hitting the gym if this is the best they can do.

I mean its not like he was driving a Ford F-250, whats the maximum speed of a fucking tractor? like 30mph on a good day with a tailwind.

I respect the police I no they are a necessary evil, but they should no there place "to serve and protect".