Yeah, about those taxes

May 2012
By the wall
The next great hope since the Mueller "bombshell" failure to launch, DEMAND his taxes.

I will make a public service announcement, for your own good. Do not get your hopes up. You can be certain that the Obama IRS went over them with a fine tooth comb before and during the election. If there was anything damaging in them, it would of been broadcast ALL OVER the MSM. After all, we know Obama weaponized the IRS against political enemies. "Scandal free" my ass

Anyhow, i know people are chomping at the bit over the prospect of their release, but do yourself a favor and realize the above, already happened. It would be the epitome of gullibility to think the Obama IRS has not been all over it, already.
Naw, let them get their hopes.

Another massive embarrassment for them is a good thing!

May 2012
By the wall
Well. duh the IRS looked at this returns. That is their job.

Not sure what Obama has to do with this - since they don't release the taxes to anyone (including Obama) unless. as the D's are doing now, an IRS law from 1924. It's perfectly legal for THEM to ask for the returns. Obama had no authority to do anything about his taxes.
And the IRS targeting conservative organizations under Obama also had nothing to do with him.

lol

What a coincidence though don't ya think?

Nov 2015
UK
Well. duh the IRS looked at this returns. That is their job.

Not sure what Obama has to do with this - since they don't release the taxes to anyone (including Obama) unless. as the D's are doing now, an IRS law from 1924. It's perfectly legal for THEM to ask for the returns. Obama had no authority to do anything about his taxes.
Ok, for the moment, let's say Congress gets Trump's tax returns.

I've seen thousands of comments wanting his returns. So now what? SPECIFICALLY, what are you looking for? What is the purpose?

If you say transparency, what do you mean by that?

So can you run through your thought process surrounding tax returns? You got Obama's. What specifically did you look for in his?

Ian Jeffrey

Council Hall
Mar 2013
Vulcan, down the street from Darth Vader
I've seen thousands of comments wanting his returns. So now what? SPECIFICALLY, what are you looking for? What is the purpose?
To look for conflict of interest. Unlike his predecessors, Trump refused to put his assets in a blind trust. That means he is running his business from the White House, and is possibly making public policy in the service of his own interests rather than the country's. That danger is why presidents have traditionally put their assets into a blind trust (or liquidated to roughly the same effect). The public, through Congress, thus has a legitimate interest in seeing Trump's tax returns.

Feb 2010
Sunny Bournemouth, Dorset
Since it's the law that the IRS must hand over any tax returns requested by the Chair of the Ways and Means Committee, it follows that by refusing, the IRS and the Treasury have broken the law. What now?

Jun 2013
Here
IRS Apologizes For Aggressive Scrutiny Of Conservative Groups : NPR
https://www.npr.org/.../irs-apologizes-for-aggressive-scrutiny-of-conservative-groups

Oct 27, 2017 - The Justice Department quoted him as saying of the IRS activity: "There ... amid allegations the Obama White House had ordered the targeting.

Mitch McConnell is like Trump. He can't remember what he said in the past or he does remember, just fine, but the political wind.

"Not just by people on the right" Was that an admission that "people on the right" DO what the IRS was looking for as a part of their duty to look for fraudulent activity?

FRAUD, is Trump's middle name.

"EXAGGERATION"

I found great synonyms for "exaggeration" on the new Thesaurus.com!
I found great synonyms for "misrepresentation" on the new Thesaurus.com!
I found great synonyms for "fraud" on the new Thesaurus.com!

Trump is sad enough and disgrace enough for America, but what's worse are the Americans that supported and continue to support him as POTUS.

Last edited: