Yeah, I told you so, investors are running away from the USA

Sep 2016
My own world
http://politicalhotwire.com/economics/161685-how-worrying-global-market-reaction-american-election.html

Originally posted 12December2016 in above thread

No doubt. You Republicans have become SHAMELESS KEYNESIANS, and are planning on a HUGE fiscal stimulus, and that at a time when the American economy is already operating close to full employment.

The market LOVES that kind of talk.

In the short run.

The corporations who have seen their stock prices rise the most are precisely the corporations that would stand to benefit from such a massive fiscal expansion.

We will get a 'nice' mini-boomlet out of the Trumpian policies. Might last for a couple of years. Might raise the Dow to 22,000.

And then will come the CRASH.

It will be much WORSE than the crash of 2008.

We are back to boom-and-bust economics. We will have a bubble, and the bubble will then burst, as ALL economic bubbles ultimately do.

Brace yourself. But yes, take advantage of the opportunities in the stock market for the next year or two. Build up your nest egg as fast as you can. You're going to need it.

http://politicalhotwire.com/political-discussion/186333-hows-all-winning-grabbin-ya-3.html

I have said the same thing in many threads but the poster above summarized it well but gave to generous a time horizon of 2 years. I had it down to 1 year and it looks like that was correct= from Trump Nov/Dec 2016 to Jan2018=1 year and sell. The best thing to do was to sell when everybody else was buying and buying when everybody else is selling. The US market was something you should have been out of almost completely by the beginning of this year.

The post below was from me on Jan 18, 2018 and BINGO !

I agree, these idiots buy high and sell low. If you are fallowing the crowd you are always behind. You have to invest in markets that are low now and have all ready cashed out on the high.Constructing a portfolio of non-U.S.-based assets, particularly in developed stock markets, has both increased total returns and decreased volatility in bear markets as proven by history. In other words the bull US market isn't where you should be keeping the majority of your assets as the money has already been made=sell high. Move the profits to non US based assets while their markets are bear=buy low.

If you are worried about foreign investment then break down the investments into classes within the US market. Equities, or stocks; bonds, or fixed-income securities; cash, or marketable securities; and commodities. What is on the upward swing now and then compare it to the downward swing now all within the US market. Look at the historical trends. If one class has done well which class has done poorly during the same period. Has the opposite been true? If so perhaps a switch in classes you are investing in is more your speed. Sell the high preforming now and buy the low performing and wait for the bubble burst to float the low to high.

See if you had gotten out in January 2018 you would be sitting on profit right now. People like Warren Buffet have a whole hell of a lot of cash ready to pick up deals when the bottom falls out. Hey Trumpsters you all got played (AGAIN) by the 1%'s. SUCKERS !!!. Enjoy your time limited little tax break while the 1% raids your 401K's and cut's their own taxes permanently.

Last edited:
Sep 2016
My own world
I sure do miss BigLeRoy...

What happened to him?

Tired of losing?
I hope he is enjoying a lovely vacation somewhere if he didn't wait out his two year time line. Chances are he sold around the time of the tax bill, he was too smart to wait around after that.

Last edited:
Sep 2016
My own world
Russian payroll cuts.

Wonder if Eve got out at 22,000 like leroy advised?
Are you on the Russian payroll? Me, I am pretty much living off my life's work and doing quite well thanks. If you work for your money you are doing it wrong. Your money has to work for you.

Last edited:
Sep 2016
My own world
New Fed chairman, concerns over interest rates.
Yeah, that's it. It will be a passing phase. LOL, your pay check will not go as far as it did 6 months ago as prices rise and inflation starts to creep up and your 401K shrinks. But don't worry if you have a good amount of time before you retire it will come back around. Unfortunately what you will end up with by the time you retire might not cover your living expenses by then but that's another story.

Last edited:

Libertine

Apr 2015
Katmandu
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/stocks-getting-smashed-143950261.html

S&P 500 falls 4.1%, worst decline since 2011
Myles Udland
Markets Reporter
Yahoo FinanceFebruary 5, 2018

Stocks got smoked on Monday, extending last week’s sell-off, which was already the worst week since 2016. Monday marked the largest single-day decline for the blue chip index on a points basis, though the percentage losses seen Monday are far from the worst in the Dow’s history.

Sep 2016
My own world
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/stocks-getting-smashed-143950261.html

S&P 500 falls 4.1%, worst decline since 2011
Myles Udland
Markets Reporter
Yahoo FinanceFebruary 5, 2018
I bet you are getting phone calls and emails and letters from your financial advisors and brokers right now (if your portfolio is big enough) trying to keep you calm. I'm sure they say something like Dear Sir :

Recent events in equity markets have resulted in an increase in volatility and have left some investors feeling uneasy.

Although we are unable to predict the future, we do know volatility is part of investing. The fluctuations and declines we are experiencing can be uncomfortable for investors, however it is important to keep the long-term investment plan we designed for you in mind. When the noise in the marketplace becomes too loud, referring back to your plan can be reassuring.