Yes, Democrats Should Impeach Trump—and Make Mitch McConnell Defend His Acquittal

May 2007
your place
Two issues with that. First off, if ever there was a case for impeachment, it's Donald Trump. With all of his psychotic twitter ramblings, classified information leaking, continuously attacking our agencies, more conflict of interest problems than any president in history, treaty breaking, ally alienating, dictator enabling, and back home constantly stirring up American citizens against each other... No one has ever begged for impeachment as much as this guy.

Next, doing exactly that sort of shit is one of the mainstays in the GOP playbook. The GOP has lost any moral authority on Constitutional process, since it's gone down the path of whatever is most convenient for their Messiah.
You have made it clear that you don’t like Trump. However, you listed a large list of things and haven’t really zeroed in on a specific crime. That isn’t how the constitution works.

Babba

Former Staff
Jul 2007
So. Md.
So you are claiming it is all about morality and justice? That’s what the Republicans said when they went after Bill Clinton. It was a phony claim. Impeachment isn’t in the constitution to be used for partisan hackery. It demonstrates a lack of integrity as an American to promote the abuse the constitutional process for political purposes.

The impeachment strategy is a politically stupid strategy. Voters can see through phony claims of concerns about morality.

It isn’t “bothsideism” to not jump onboard the impeachment bandwagon. Some people actually don’t want the constitutional process to be abused by short sighted partisan hacks.
Mueller laid out clear evidence of obstruction of justice. And Trump is also using his office to make money off his various properties. Impeachment was put in the constitution for exactly things like that. But you think obstruction and Trump making money off his office is just fine and dandy? An impeachment would lay out the evidence for the American people to see. The American people were against impeaching Nixon until they saw the evidence. I want the American people to see the evidence and I want it done by the book. You keep assuming it's just because I hate Trump that I want him impeached. Well, I assume you have blinders on not to see what he's been doing is illegal. He's setting very bad precedent with many of the things he's done. I don't want future presidents doing those things and they will if Trump is allowed to.

Last edited:

Chief

Former Staff
Nov 2009
SoCal
You have made it clear that you don’t like Trump. However, you listed a large list of things and haven’t really zeroed in on a specific crime. That isn’t how the constitution works.
On the other hand, it is how impeachment works.

Trump is unfit to be president. The GOP should do better.

Jun 2014
United States
So you are claiming it is all about morality and justice? That’s what the Republicans said when they went after Bill Clinton. It was a phony claim. Impeachment isn’t in the constitution to be used for partisan hackery. It demonstrates a lack of integrity as an American to promote the abuse the constitutional process for political purposes.

The impeachment strategy is a politically stupid strategy. Voters can see through phony claims of concerns about morality.

It isn’t “bothsideism” to not jump onboard the impeachment bandwagon. Some people actually don’t want the constitutional process to be abused by short sighted partisan hacks.

Bullshit. No prior president has so deserved to be impeached and removed from office. The problem isn't a lack of morality on the part of House Democrats. The problem is a Republican controlled Senate that has no respect for truth, justice or the rule of law. You're just making the argument of a partisan, right-wing political hack, and that is transparent to anyone with an IQ above 80.

Last edited:
Aug 2016
CA
You have to have something to impeach Trump for. Just because,
"I Hate Him" isn't a reason for impeachment.

Babba

Former Staff
Jul 2007
So. Md.
He doesn't have to commit crimes to be impeached. Although, he has clearly committed crimes. But he has also conducted himself disgracefully while in office. That alone is enough to impeach his sorry ass.

Thus it appears that the political offences of the Constitution for which civil officers are removable embrace, besides the high crimes and misdemeanors of the criminal law, a range as wide as the circle of official duties and the influences of official position; they include, not only breaches of duty, but also misconduct during the tenure of office; they extend to acts for which there is no criminal responsibility whatsoever; they reach even personal conduct; they include, not merely acts of usurpation, but all such acts as tend to subvert the just influence of official position, to degrade the office, to contaminate society, to impair the government, to destroy the proper relations of civil officers to the people and to the government, and to the other branches of the government.
The Causes for Which a President Can Be Impeached

He is wholly unfit for the office and a disgrace.

Reactions: NightSwimmer

Babba

Former Staff
Jul 2007
So. Md.
You have to have something to impeach Trump for. Just because,
"I Hate Him" isn't a reason for impeachment.
See post #56. He's a moral degenerate. That's reason enough. But he has also clearly committed crimes before and after he was put into office.

May 2007
your place
He doesn't have to commit crimes to be impeached...

...He is wholly unfit for the office and a disgrace.

It doesn’t seem like you are going to get past how much you hate Trump. Luckily, the leaders of the Democrat party have more sense than that.

Oct 2011
Washington State
I agree. We have to stand up to Trump's criminal behavior and his idiotic, lying fat ass.