Yes it appears the DNC did "rob" Bernie Sanders

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
This is a very interesting and emotional article written by Donna Brazile after she took over the DNC. Explains quite a bit.

I had promised Bernie when I took the helm of the Democratic National Committee after the convention that I would get to the bottom of whether Hillary Clinton’s team had rigged the nomination process, as a cache of emails stolen by Russian hackers and posted online had suggested. I’d had my suspicions from the moment I walked in the door of the DNC a month or so earlier, based on the leaked emails. But who knew if some of them might have been forged? I needed to have solid proof, and so did Bernie.

By September 7, the day I called Bernie, I had found my proof and it broke my heart. The party was fully under the control of Hillary’s campaign, which seemed to confirm the suspicions of the Bernie camp. The campaign had the DNC on life support, giving it money every month to meet its basic expenses, while the campaign was using the party as a fund-raising clearing house. Wait,” I said. “That victory fund was supposed to be for whoever was the nominee, and the state party races. You’re telling me that Hillary has been controlling it since before she got the nomination?”

Gary said the campaign had to do it or the party would collapse.

I told Bernie I had found Hillary’s Joint Fundraising Agreement. I explained that the cancer was that she had exerted this control of the party long before she became its nominee. Had I known this, I never would have accepted the interim chair position, but here we were with only weeks before the election. I told him I had visited states around the country and I found a lack of enthusiasm for her everywhere. When I hung up the call to Bernie, I started to cry, not out of guilt, but out of anger. We would go forward. We had to.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/11/02/clinton-brazile-hacks-2016-215774

Singularity

Former Staff
Oct 2009
Kansas
My jaw is still on the floor. I saw it this morning and I know it is completely true.

Get Hillary off of the fucking TV. Stop interviewing her. Burn her goddamn book.

Singularity

Former Staff
Oct 2009
Kansas
We always knew she leaned on donors and threw her weight around freely to clear the field. Unethical, but...

This... this is rigging. This is forced starvation of her rival's campaign, and also of downballots who are not in lockstep.

I would support a special counsel for this. Fuck Uranium One. This needs to be answered for.

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
My jaw is still on the floor. I saw it this morning and I know it is completely true.

Get Hillary off of the fucking TV. Stop interviewing her. Burn her goddamn book.
It is pretty damning. I mean sure the DNC has this process in play for an incumbent. But there were no incumbents in 2016. Its pretty awful. Whats a bit tragic is some are bashing Brazile now for this saying she is a traitor. It kind of goes to what some claimed that the DNC figured way back in 2008 that Hillary would be "next in line" when Obama was finished.

StanStill

Former Staff
Dec 2013
Work
The vanguard always knows what's best for the people.

"ALL ANIMALS ARE EQUAL BUT SOME ANIMALS ARE MORE EQUAL THAN OTHERS."

Singularity

Former Staff
Oct 2009
Kansas
It is pretty damning. I mean sure the DNC has this process in play for an incumbent. But there were no incumbents in 2016. Its pretty awful. Whats a bit tragic is some are bashing Brazile now for this saying she is a traitor. It kind of goes to what some claimed that the DNC figured way back in 2008 that Hillary would be "next in line" when Obama was finished.
Which is bullshit. Bullshit, bullshit, bullshit. She retired. She stated, repeatedly, that SecState was it --- as it traditionally is, you do that job because you're an almost-president who uses your near-presidential influence to serve as best you can on some really important matters, and then you let old age take you.

Others prepared to run in 2016, people we needed, people who knew how.

I also fear that there is more. The official story is that Biden was too lost in grief to stomach taking her on. But that's just not in him to not contend when he had a shot.

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
We always knew she leaned on donors and threw her weight around freely to clear the field. Unethical, but...

This... this is rigging. This is forced starvation of her rival's campaign, and also of downballots who are not in lockstep.

I would support a special counsel for this. Fuck Uranium One. This needs to be answered for.
It now explains a lot of potential governors and state dems complaining they had no money. They complained there was none left for campaigning and many lost. I do wonder how this effects those "might have been" candidates? Particularly since many were polled to have won their elections but ended up losing.

Singularity

Former Staff
Oct 2009
Kansas
It now explains a lot of potential governors and state dems complaining they had no money. They complained there was none left for campaigning and many lost. I do wonder how this effects those "might have been" candidates? Particularly since many were polled to have won their elections but ended up losing.
Jason Kander should be a goddamn U.S. Senator. He deserves to be there. He would've easily leapfrogged from there to 2020 or 2024, depending.

Likewise, Chris Koster should be Missouri's governor. And this seals forever why they both lost.

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
Which is bullshit. Bullshit, bullshit, bullshit. She retired. She stated, repeatedly, that SecState was it --- as it traditionally is, you do that job because you're an almost-president who uses your near-presidential influence to serve as best you can on some really important matters, and then you let old age take you.

Others prepared to run in 2016, people we needed, people who knew how.

I also fear that there is more. The official story is that Biden was too lost in grief to stomach taking her on. But that's just not in him to not contend when he had a shot.
Yea that's interesting. Now I wonder if she wont attempt a run in 2020? As for Biden, I thought it was odd he didn't run as he said numerous times "it is what Beau would have wanted." I figured he was just so worn down and sad. Now does it get worse?

Sep 2014
United States

Others prepared to run in 2016, people we needed, people who knew how. U

Never believe a Clinton. Never.