Yet Another Arrest For Bad Thoughts

The Man

Former Staff
Jul 2011
Toronto
This is unAmerican. Repugnant as this man's ideas are, he is entitled to hold them and communicate them.

I myself have a passing interest in the Unabomber's manifesto. I haven't yet found it online, but if I did, I would read it.

Because I'm interested in the linguistic forensics used to identify him, not because I want to kill anyone.

What say you?
Fuck his rights. This guys likely wanted to kill dark brown folks who look much like my wife and my children.

Only thing he deserves, is a bullet to the back of his head, on his fucking knees...

Jun 2014
Cleveland, Ohio
Fuck his rights. This guys likely wanted to kill dark brown folks who look much like my wife and my children.

Only thing he deserves, is a bullet to the back of his head, on his fucking knees...
He's not a good person, but that's not really the point. He's being treated as a would-be domestic terrorist when he hasn't DONE anything to harm anyone.

Jun 2014
Cleveland, Ohio
Uhh because... Coast Guard?

:zany:
Sure. But he wasn't charged with any crime related to his military service.

I have another question. He had Top Secret clearance. (Really? This is a thing the Coast Guard needs?)

Anyway, don't such people get vetted every now and again? Lie detector tests, financial review, etc.? He was writing anti-government screeds on Stormfront, FFS! For about a decade or more!

Why the fuck didn't the NSA or whichever agency catch on to this man's treasonous ideas?

Dec 2014
NWOHQ
A hypothetical: What if the 9/11 hijackers' plan was discovered and they were arrested at the flight school?

In this age of terrorism, is it incumbent upon the agencies to prevent attacks, or react to them?

Mar 2015
Istanbul NOT Constantinople...
A hypothetical: What if the 9/11 hijackers' plan was discovered and they were arrested at the flight school?

In this age of terrorism, is it incumbent upon the agencies to prevent attacks, or react to them?
One of the flight instructors turned in one of the 9-11 terrorists. He never wanted to learn how to land but seemed very serious about learning to fly. The man would not admit to being a Muslim. The instructor had to convince his boss to call the FBI - the owner's attitude was "as long as he pays, I don't care."

Dec 2014
NWOHQ
One of the flight instructors turned in one of the 9-11 terrorists. He never wanted to learn how to land but seemed very serious about learning to fly. The man would not admit to being a Muslim. The instructor had to convince his boss to call the FBI - the owner's attitude was "as long as he pays, I don't care."

Yes, I'm aware of the fact that the FBI ( see 9/11 Commission report) knew individuals with ties to UBL were receiving flight training, but the plot itself remained secret.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/arch...29f-9a15-393c2256c2b4/?utm_term=.08d7573432ef

Jun 2014
Cleveland, Ohio
Freedom of speech does not include actual plans to harm people. I dunno about this one, Maddie....
A written plan, alone, is probably not enough. If it were, many novelists would be arrested. A "true threat" requires at least one act towards carrying out the plan.