You’re Morally Obligated to Call Out Your Racist Relatives at Thanksgiving

Oct 2011
Washington State
That’s not racism, that was challenging the President to provide his Long form Birth Certificate, so we know he was born on American soil. Racism is belittling a person because of their race. That never happened and it just proved my point that Democrats loosely use that term to belittle their opponents
That's a pant load. How many White President's have been asked to provide their BC. Fucking racist hypocrites!

Oct 2019
Earth
Its true @HadEnough2 drives more people
To vote for trump than anyone else.
Really, last time when Clinton called all Republicans deplorables, that only hurt the cause. Best case, it's lazy and ignorant to dumb things down to where it's "Republican = racist" or whatever kind of attack to smear a large swath of the population. Especially at a time where political discourse is as heated as it is, and when the results coming up will depend on who can attract more moderates to their side.

Hating the other is only going to push them away while we need to be attracting them in.

johnflesh

Former Staff
Feb 2007
Weirdo
If you call out people on the regular you are known as an asshole. If you do it on a holiday about families and getting close, you are a the poster child of an asshole.

No offense to actual anuses. You at least smell better.

HCProf

Council Hall
Sep 2014
USA
If you call out people on the regular you are known as an asshole. If you do it on a holiday about families and getting close, you are a the poster child of an asshole.

No offense to actual anuses. You at least smell better.
I am happy to report...I did not have any assholes or racists over for dinner today. :) For that I am thankful...that would be a buzz killer. LOL

Oct 2019
Earth
And yet, time has proven her correct.

It must really piss you off that she called it right out of the gate.
The point wasn't my feelings, it was the results.

The point of elections is to win votes, strategically, insulting opposition is strategically stupid. It makes a poor demonstration of character by showing that when the tension runs high they go into fight mode (I suppose a good idea if your money is in weaponry).

Also, it is polarizing. Those people who consider themselves right wing but might be swayed will be turned off at the label.

Are all your political decisions formed on the basis of emotion?