Dec 2015
In Your Heart!
Young activists to descend on Washington tomorrow for March for Our Lives
By Emily Shapiro

"Tens of thousands of young people are set to descend on the nation's capital tomorrow for March for Our Lives, an event organized by the student survivors of the Feb. 14 mass shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Florida that killed 17 people."
"The student participants are marching "to demand that their lives and safety become a priority and that we end gun violence and mass shootings in our schools today," according to the event website."

====================================================

I Congratulate all of the students participating in the march tomorrow to put pressure on lawmakers to enact much stronger gun control legislation to protect children in schools. It is incomprehensible that it has had to take this long for students to march and protest the ineptitude of Washington lawmakers to address this pervasive problem. It is as if lawmakers simply do not care about the killing of children to be moved enough to do anything constructive. And Trump should be leading the pack directing them to consider this a Top Priority!

Jun 2010
Ohio
Young activists to descend on Washington tomorrow for March for Our Lives
By Emily Shapiro

====================================================

I Congratulate all of the students participating in the march tomorrow to put pressure on lawmakers to enact much stronger gun control legislation to protect children in schools. It is incomprehensible that it has had to take this long for students to march and protest the ineptitude of Washington lawmakers to address this pervasive problem. It is as if lawmakers simply do not care about the killing of children to be moved enough to do anything constructive. And Trump should be leading the pack directing them to consider this a Top Priority!

There is no legislation to protect kids in schools especially when it comes to infringing on second amendment rights.

These kdis have every right to do what they are doing but they need to grow up some more.

They are not marching to save lives they are just learning to be media attention whores.

Reactions: 1 person

Crusher

Former Staff
Aug 2011
Heaven Above
If they wanted safety as the OP suggests, then they should get armed guards, because law enforcement let them down.

Macduff

Apr 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
Another George Soros bought and paid for rally.
The irony is that the NRA is funded by the membership fees of its millions of members while Everytown is largely bankrolled by Michael Bloomberg.
Which just goes to prove what I always say. Liberals don't really mind rich people throwing their money around to influence politics. They just want it all to themselves.

Feb 2007
In my mind
The irony is that the NRA is funded by the membership fees of its millions of members while Everytown is largely bankrolled by Michael Bloomberg.
Which just goes to prove what I always say. Liberals don't really mind rich people throwing their money around to influence politics. They just want it all to themselves.
That makes little to no sense.

Reactions: 4 people

Macduff

Apr 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
That makes little to no sense.
Did you not read the rest of the post? Everytown is a lobbying group bankrolled mostly by one person. Y'know, a rich guy using his fortune to influence politics. Which the left rails against when it's someone like David Koch. But when it's Bloomberg pushing a left wing cause, that's cool.