Yovanovitch calls for investigation following evidence released by lawmakers

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more
Former Ambassador to Ukraine Marie Yovanovitch called for an investigation Tuesday into “what happened” after newly released evidence suggested that her movements were being monitored.
Yovanovitch requested the investigation through her lawyer Lawrence Robbins, who issued a statement on her behalf.
“Needless to say, the notion that American citizens and others were monitoring Ambassador Yovanovitch’s movements for unknown purposes is disturbing,” he said in the statement obtained by The Hill. “We trust that the appropriate authorities will conduct an investigation to determine what happened."
The former ambassador’s calls come after the House Intelligence, Foreign Affairs and Oversight and Reform committees released additional evidence to be submitted to the Senate for the impeachment trial.
Yovanovitch calls for investigation following evidence released by lawmakers

I believe it was on Nicole Wallace that they replayed Ambassador Yovanovitch's testimony. She said that she was told that she wasn't under any physical danger. She was just asked to leave immediately and there wasn't any further explanation given , other than that there were concerns with her security.

Just try to imagine how that must have felt ?

Regardless, why isn't Pompeo screaming to high heaven that there already isn't an investigation? How does Bill Barr get away with not appointing a special counsel to investigate this? What the actual fuck is going on ?

Sep 2016
My own world
Yeah, I really think this is bigger than even we thought. Not only was Trump abusing his office by withholding already approved aid and a WH visit in exchange for AID to Ukraine for personal benefit he was also conspiring with Guiliani and others to do some harm to a US ambassador to Ukraine. If it was physical harm or harm to her
Reputation we have to find out what Trump meant when he said, " She is going to go through some things." What the fuck does that mean? . Sure a President can fire anybody because they serve at his pleasure but he doesn't have the right to harm someone physically or for manufacture evidence to hurt her personal or professional reputation. If he wanted her fired for cause was he trying to manufacture cause so he'd have a cover story as to why he fired her given she was so good at fighting corruption?

CtC

Mar 2019
California
who said anything about her being fired? This is about her being under surveillance. Are you saying that the president directed that?
Surveillance? Like Carter Page? Hmmmm.... Try reading the post. The President FIRED her. That is what I said. So let it be written.So let it be done.

Reactions: Izzshemovin

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more
Surveillance? Like Carter Page? Hmmmm.... Try reading the post. The President FIRED her. That is what I said. So let it be written.So let it be done.
so you were arguing with yourself. Gotcha. This isn't like Carter Page being under surveillance. That was the FBI. We don't know who was conducting the surveillance on Yovanovitch. That's why we need an investigation. I'm presuming you'd agree with that sort of investigation given how the Carter Page surveillance was investigated.

• Love
Reactions: labrea and Friday13